Find out about the latest career opportunities here.
Featured jobs of the best industry.
Search for architecture jobs in this period of construction boom across the globe has brightened the prospects in architecture! The job of architect involves the planning and construction of large to small buildings and homes.
Architectural jobs thus not only associated with the construction but make the buildings safe and economical. Moreover with the change in the mindset regarding homes and building, professional architects are required to construct stylish as well as safe buildings leading to more search for architecture jobs. The new and changing demands have indeed created avenues
for the persons who are looking for the career in architecture.
There has been seen substantial investments in the construction sector and has been recorded going higher year after year. But the number of architects are far less than the required architectural professionals in India and across world. So the gap between demand and supply has been noticed. Annual requirement projections of architects all across the world stands over a
million, which is expected to rise further and the training facilities available are still short. All these factors contribute in making this field a very competitive with healthy career prospects that increase the search for architecture jobs for freshers as well as experienced. The architecture job can be both in residential as well as commercial sector and search for
architecture jobs can be done in the private as well as government sector. Government organizations that hire professional architects in India are:
- Public Works Department
- Archaeological Department
- Departments of Railways
- National Building Organization
- Town and Country Planning Organization
- National Institute of Urban Affairs
- Housing and Urban Development Corporation
- National Building Construction Corporation Ltd.
- City Development Authorities
Apart from this you can also find other such government organizations that are hiring architectural professionals from India
Architectural professionals deals with planning and designing of structures. Architects mix the traditional architectural styles with the contemporary ones to make the building by keeping in mind the quality and quantity of construction material. In private sector you can join the architecture firms, join the builders, work as a consultant and in many other ways you
can explore your architecture jobs in India.
Career Opportunities/ Architecture Jobs
Since, Architecture is not only associated with the designing so the job prospects are also more than expected. Job seeker can search architecture jobs in the following fields:
The Indian Architects
- Architectural Journalist
- Architectural Historian
- Corporate Architect
- Building Researcher
- Building Inspector
- Building Contractor
- Architectural Engineer
- Marine Architect
- Technical Illustrator
- Urban Planner
- Art Director
- Interior Designer
- Landscape Architect
- Set Designer
Architectural professionals from India are given due consideration across the world. The Indian Architects are considered as aces among the international recruiters since their specialization ranges from subjects like urban designing,
regional planning, building engineering and management architectural conservation, industrial design, landscape architecture, naval architecture to architecture concerning traffic and transport planning etc. Moreover architectural professionals from India are also well educated with the latest technologies and have brains to explore and innovate new things. Job
seekers also search architecture jobs in India due to wide spectrum of exposure. Freshers and experienced job seeker search architectural jobs on net, in newspapers, through placement agencies and also through the job consultants.
What the Architecture Job is all about?
academically good background in physics and mathematics are preferred by International Recruiters. The aspirant should be a creative artist with an interest and bent towards designing. Since the work involves complex designing problems, building economies and cost estimations, it is important to possess good mathematical ability along with a sound technical edification. Considering the fact that architects often deal with legal procedures and documents it is good for them to understand legal language related to their profession.
Architectural Professionals Must Have
Education Requirement for Architecture Jobs
- Good communication skills, hard work, physical stamina to work on the desk as well on the site.
- A high degree of concentration level, flexibility, team spirit, responsibility and accountability.
- Originality, creativity, conceptual skills.
- Aesthetic values and a holistic perception of people, places, objectsand events.
- Knowledge of new ideas, trends & market scenario.
The education in architecture is must to enter into this field. International Market demands Professionals, who have undergone University programs in Architecture, which last from five to seven years and provide training, which includes critical analysis and integration of knowledge. These programs are offered at both
the bachelor level (B.Arch.) and the master's level (M.Arch.). So you can go for the five years Bachelor in Architecture. Students who have no initial training in this sector get into five years degree program. Once you are finished with this then you can join the two years masters degree on architecture. Any student who has bachelors degree in other field can join
three to four years masters in architecture to get into architectural job. Owing to the rapid changes in technology, the needs of this profession have become much more complex and the scope of work has increased tremendously.
- School of Planning & Architecture, 4, Block-B, IP Estate, New Delhi 110002
- Department of Architecture, Jamia Millia Islamia Delhi Jamia Nagar, New Delhi 110025
- TVB School of Habitat Studies Sector D, Pocket II, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi 110070
- Dept. of Architecture, BMS College of Engineering Bull Temple Road, Basavanagudi Bangalore 560019 Karnataka
- Dept. of Architecture, Dayanand Sagar Institutions Shivage Malleshwara Hills, Kumaraswamy Layout Bangalore
- BKPS College of Architecture 2043 Sadashiv Peth Tilak Road Pune 411030 MH
- Pillai&339s College of Architecture, New Panvel 10 Sector 16, New Panvel 410206 MH
- Dept. of Architecture, NIT Trichy Tanjore Main Rd, NH 67 Tiruchirappalli 620015 TN
- Punjab University, Chandigarh College of Architecture, Chandigarh 160012
- Lucknow University, Govt. College of Architecture, Tagore Road, Lucknow 226002
- University of Mumbai, Sir J J College of Architecture, 78/3, Dr. D.N. Road, Mumbai 400001
- Indian Education Society's College of Architecture, 791, Bandra Reclamation, Bandra (W), Mumbai 400050
- Pune University, Marathwada Mitra Mandal College of Architecture, 302, A, Deccan Gymkhana, Pune 411004
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, School of Planning & Architecture, Mahavir Marg, Hyderabad 500028
- Anna University, School of Architecture & Planning, Sardar Patel Rd., Chennai 600025