Find out about the latest career opportunities here.
Featured jobs of the best industry.
July 4, 2011- Check out here the list of the top 10 most popular careers in the US, Canada and the UK for 2011. According to a study, it is analyzed that in the careers mentioned below in the list for different countries, the people entering it is expected to rise much faster than in other job categories over the next 5 years.
2011 Top Ten Most Popular Careers in US
- Network Systems Analysts: The most popular career in the US for 2011 is the network system analyst. The tremendous IT has led to a rise in organizations seeking installation and maintenance of networked communications. The job of a network system analysts requires to solve problems related to computer technology.
- Physician's Assistant: This job profile is to provide therapeutic, diagnostic, and preventative healthcare services, as overseen by a physician.
- Medical Assistants: The development and the growth of the healthcare sector means more administrative and clinical jobs need to be performed. Medical assistants can help with clinical tasks. This included the work that takes place in the physicians, ophthalmologists, podiatrists and other health practitioners' offices.
- Medical Records and Health Information Technicians: For organizational management and ongoing study of healthcare progress, healthcare records are used, which include patient medical history, treatments, tests, outcomes, etc. That is why there is a major growth prospects in medical tests and information management.
- Software Engineers: Another popular career for 2011 is the software engineer. Again, with the growth of IT continues, the work of computer software engineers, the designers and developers of new computer software systems increases, to analyze users' needs and designs software or programs to meet these needs.
- Physical Therapist Aides: It is seen in the US that the number of individuals with physical disabilities is growing, so this requires more number of assistants who provide services to solve their difficulties and hence the jobs of physical therapist aid is set to increase in 2011.
- Fitness Trainers: The jobs of aerobics instructors and fitness trainers are also increasing in the US in 2011 as people are spending time and money on their leisure activities and have also become more health conscious.
- Database Administrators: Many organizations now depend on the instant availability of data. The job of a database administrator is to retrieve and present data using the relevant software. He needs to understand every aspect of an organization's database system.
- Veterinary Technicians: Expectations for leading edge veterinary care are increasing with healthcare progresses. They perform tests, and treat and diagnose medical conditions in animals and they have job opportunities in domestic pet surgeries, livestock management, wildlife medicine, or pharmaceutical sales or biomedical research.
- Dental Hygienists: There is an increasing emphasis on oral health and retention of natural teeth in the US for 2011 and hence there are more work opportunities for dental hygienists in the US.
Popular Careers for 2011
2011 Top Ten Most Popular Careers in Canada
2011 Top Ten Most Popular Careers in the UK
- In-Home Nurse:In Canada, there has been a great demand for in-home nurses with the increase in the preference for care moves to the home. These home nurses are licensed practical and licensed vocational nurses taking care of individuals with health problems, whether they are sick, dying, or disabled under the supervision of doctors and more highly trained nurses.
- Nurse Practitioner: As healthcare provision continues to grow in non-hospital settings, the openings for nurse practitioners are also increasing in Canada. They provide direct medical care to patients and acts as a consultant to other practicing nurses.
- Computer Programmer Analyst: With the advancement in digital technology, the need for skilled analysts and computer programmers will continue to grow.
- Physician and Surgeon: The expansion of both the public and private healthcare sectors leads to an increasing demand for specialist areas and an ever increasing need for surgeons and physicians.
- Teacher, Special Education: There has been a growing need for teachers for special education, for students with special needs in Canada.
- Pharmacist: Today's pharmacists work with patients to find out what the patient's needs are and what care should be taken for the patients. This is called "pharmaceutical care". The role of pharmacists is all about identifying, resolving and preventing medication-related problems.
- Psychiatrist: Psychiatrists are physicians who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of emotional disorders and mental illness and serve as consultants for other physicians. Psychiatrists work in hospitals, mental health clinics and private offices.
- Radiological Technician: Radiologic technologists explain procedures to patients, make images for physicians to interpret, and keep records of patients' treatments. They are also known as x-ray technicians. In Canada, economists expect job growth for radiological technologists to be faster than the average for all careers in 2011.
- Registered Nurses: Changes in the healthcare system continue to expand the opportunities for nurses in Canada for 2011.
- Physiotherapist: Physiotherapists assess patients and carry out individually designed treatment programs to maintain, improve or restore physical functioning. They also help to alleviate pain. Employment in clinics, hospitals, sports organizations, extended care facilities and private practice continues to expand.
- Data Communications Analysts:More and more organizations work with increasing networked communications. Analysts are responsible for looking at the installation and maintenance of such networks, which are now becoming important to the economic and social infrastructure of the UK.
- Marketing Officer: The marketing function is also now an integral part of organizational life in the public and voluntary sector. The development of the Internet has led to add to the marketing role, meaning that marketing opportunities continue to grow.
- Software Engineers: The growth of the IT job sector has led to increase in the computerized systems' software engineers, who design and develop new applications to meet specific needs.
- Medical Administrator: There is an increasing need for administrators and clerical staff in the healthcare sector, which continues to grow.
- Community Nurse: The development of primary healthcare leads to an increase in nursing activities. The openings for community nurses, who perform non-surgical tasks in the home or other local settings are increasing in the UK.
- Advertising Agency Account Executive: Another popular career in the uK for 2011 is advertising personnel. The media sector is becoming ever more specialized and complex. There has been an increasing demand for specialist publications, broadcast channels and online media, which is leading to more job opportunities for advertising executives.
- Customer Services Assistant: The growth of Customer Relationship Management has led to the establishment of many more customer service teams. Their job profile is to respond to customer queries and fulfilling services requested by the telephone or online.
- Information Officer: Digital technology has helped organizations to store more data more efficiently. More personnel are required who can offer specialist skills in operating database software and information networks, retrieving information as necessary.
- Administrator: Administrative jobs are growing, due to the centralization of organizational systems.
- Engineer: There is a growing demand for highly trained, skilled personnel who are eligible to meet the needs of the electrical, electronic, mechanical, automotive, biomedical and civil engineering sciences.