Find out about the latest career opportunities here.
Featured jobs of the best industry.
With the liberalization of the economy, changing trade policies, and the increase
in world trade, employment opportunities in the Transportation Industry are growing rapidly.
Since, Transportation is an industry which is witnessing a revolution in terms of growth, technology and infrastructure with more & more professionals making a mark in the industry, statistics by different placement consultants and job portals reveal a growing worldwide demand for Indian Professionals in the coming years.
Career opportunities in this Industry are available in shipping, Air Transport and Road Transports Companies. There is no dearth of employment opportunities, since there are hundreds of companies with branches in all the major trading centers of the country, as well as abroad. A career in transportation can include working as :
- Transportation Consultant.
- Transportation Researcher.
- Transportation Engineers in Government.
Here are some careers to consider in Transportation Technologies
The careers in this group also involve the transporting of goods, people and services, the career options available are :
- Administrative Operation Policies Manager
- Airport Manager
- Automotive Service Manager
- Bus Transportation Manager
- Computer Science and Systems Engineering
- Computer Operator
- Freight-Traffic Consultant
- Traffic Controller
- Train Operator Supervisor
- Operations Supervisor
- Mass Communications Manager
- Motor/Rail Transportation Officer
- Marine and Terminal Operations Officer
Who work for local and long-distance trucking companies, coordinate the movement of trucks and freight between cities.
Who make sure local and long distance buses stay on schedule.
Dispatch taxis in response to requests for service and keep logs on all road service calls.
Take calls for emergency road service. They relay the problem to a nearby service station or a tow truck service and see to it that the emergency road service is completed.
Airplane and train dispatchers
Highly specialized careers requiring detailed training and certification. They are not covered in this brief.
The Recruiters look for the following attributes :
The Must Have's
- Good Communication Skills.
- Practical Intelligence
- Physical Energy and Stamina
- Management Abilities,
- Ability to work hard and for irregular hours
- Interest in commercial matters as well as geography and world trade
- Network and the ability to win people's confidence
- Entrepreneurial Spirit.
- Understanding maps, charts and diagrams
Despite the fact that requirements of The Recruiters vary from industry to
industry, a high school diploma or its equivalent is the most common
educational requirement. Increasingly, familiarity or experience with
computers, good interpersonal skills and International Driving License are
becoming equally important as the diploma to employers.